Over the past 2 months I enjoyed a blissful silence. A silence without any notification and disturbance. I decided to disable ALL notifications from my phone and it was magic! With the amount of notifications I usually receiver on a daily basis this was a cherry to pick, and it tasted like more to me.
Working 9-5 and sitting through some weekly meetings, not all notifications are welcome at the time of the event. And since they can spill in from every channeled app on your device, they are hardly ever beneficial at the time of the event itself.
Even though I truly enjoyed my moments of silence in the abyss, there are some ups and downs to this action. So lets start with the upsides:
- Silence! Absolute silence, untill somebody calls you.
- More focus and efficiency.
- Less distractions or interruptions in work and life.
- Hyper Focused workflow
- No more random alert wake-ups at night.
- Phone battery lasted a lot longer
Not bad right, but here are some drawbacks to consider.
- Missing out on actual importances of life.
- You need to go feed on the data and info you need.
- Some people might feel out of touch with you for replying later than normal.
- You might feel out of touch.
The first conclusion to make here is that this was a good thing to consider and adapt to. Whenever I feel the distracting notifications taking over I now dig into their settings whenever I feel, and filter out what I do not need at that moment.
In just two months I noticed I had more time on my hands that I could spend more effective.This is why I consider it a success, less is more, and if I get a new follower somewhere, I will find out eventually! 268 views ✍ 19 nov. 16